Saturday 10 July 2010

Day 10

Dad had a dream last night.

He was driving along (presumably somewhere in Yorkshire) and felt the car suddenly sink beneath him due to a violent puncture.

Strange coincidence then, is it not, that having mused to myself last night over how lucky Susie & I had been thus far with our bicycles and kit, when I went to pump up our tyres this morning, lo and behold - my back tyre was a goner. We had aimed for an early start as it was due to be a long and rainy ride to Durham. However, though deft at inner tube changing skills now, thanks to Angus MacP's handy hints bike maintenance session before we left London, not quite so easy getting that bloomin back wheel back on. Still, getting the tools out and getting oil over myself made me feel like a real cyclist even if it took an uncool amount of time to figure it all out!

The ride to Picktree, about 10 miles north of Durham, was neither hideously hilly nor gloomily rainy and those 60 odd miles fell away with a nice little lunch interlude.

"Go with the flow" is most definitely turning out to be our mantra. Too much to think about and too much can go wrong. No point worrying about it. We're finding we are actually quite good and finding those little bridges to cross rivers with.

2 comments:

  1. Look at all those pounds you are raising and miles you are getting through! I'm sure you must be very tired already and it sounds go-go-go all the time. Keep going, you can do it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could be of some help! ;)

    A Macp

    ReplyDelete